If you are new to digital picture frames or on your third homebrew project, here are some answers to questions that you may have. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other issues on your mind.
I want to build a digital picture frame. Where do I start?
– How I built a digital picture frame with a Raspberry Pi
– How to configure the software for your digital picture frame in 60 minutes
– Discover the complete hard- and software setup of my Raspberry Pi digital picture frame (June 2020)
– How I added crossfading image transitions to my digital picture frame using Pi3D
– Why building your own digital picture frame is great fun
– 5 essential tips I learned from building digital picture frames
What hardware do I need to build a digital picture frame?
What software do I need for a digital picture frame?
How can I back up and restore my Raspberry Pi SD-card
How can I integrate my digital picture frame in my Home Automation system?
– Control your digital picture frame with Home Assistant’s WiFi presence detection and MQTT
– Voice control your digital photo frame with Amazon Echo and Home Assistant
– Voice control your digital photo frame with Amazon Echo, MQTT, and Node-RED
– Display the number of photos on your digital picture frame in Home Assistant
– A simple way to automatically turn your digital picture frame on and off at fixed times
– How to install the MQTT Mosquitto broker locally on your digital picture frame’s Raspberry Pi
How to get great image transitions like crossfading on my photo frame?
– How I added crossfading slide transitions to my digital picture frame using Pi3D
– How I built a WiFi photo frame with Pi3D which shows the location where the photo was taken (Geolocation)
– The best 3 image viewers for your Raspberry Pi digital picture frame project
– All the options and settings of the Pi3D image viewer explained in one simple cheat sheet
– The ultimate Pi3D FAQ Page – All the questions, all the answers and more
How do I build a 4K digital picture frame?
How can I manage my photo library on the picture frame most conveniently?
– How to synchronize your digital picture frame with your Google Photos albums using rclone
– How to finally access Dropbox on your Raspberry Pi using rclone
– Using Syncthing to synchronize files between your Raspberry Pi and Mac/PC/Linux computers
– How to create a Dropbox-like file synchronization setup on the Raspberry Pi with Resilio Sync
– How to add photos to your digital picture frame via email